Friday 11 April 2014

Evaluation - Question 2

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?


During the process of creating my ancillary texts i was organised and i had completed my music video this allowed me to develop a product that was based around and connected to my video. As you can see below i have used the same front cover for my album and this shot is shown in the video.

Here is my final music video screenshot, this is the demonstration that the combination between my final music video and album has a strong relationship (they are the same.) The reason I have done this is because the setting is conventional/stereotypical of a rap artist, this is because of the graffiti in the alley. I have carried the rap conventions through-out my product. When recording i decided to use the same locations and the same outfit, I decided to do this as some verbal feedback suggested i should carry the look of the video across to the digi-pak, via this feedback i was able to ensure i was targeting my target audience. I had not carried my work across

then i would be failing to target my specific audience.
The magazine poster has been used in my digipak, but hasn't been made to stand out so it will subconsciously remind the audience of the image association. The images are all quirky, much like the genre as it is a cutting edge - relatively new genre, this has been shown through the new and 'nice' aspects in my music video, but i have been able to connect a happy feeling to the brand/artist as the artist is smiling in the image, this maybe con-notates a happy feeling to the audience, although this may con-notate the wrong message to some audience member's, I believe I have still been successful in producing a 'rap' branding for the artist.







This video shows and demonstrates the positive feedback I have got as i gave each of the students a copy of my ancillary texts, (which some are holding in their hands) this allowed them to look and remind them when recording. A general synopsis of the video would be they agree I have carried a house style across my work with the work being fluid and recognizable as two pieces of work that go together. The video has been a positive one that hasn't had much negative feedback, which is a good sign, but if i was to do it again i would have to do it differently.  the audience feedback i received has enabled me to create the summary and beliefs below.

I believe i have successfully designed a product and ancillary texts to support it, 

No comments:

Post a Comment